Saturday, June 23, 2012

Extreme Fatigue

So as if suffering with anxiety wasn't enough......

A few weeks after my initial panic attack, more symptoms started showing up.   I became extremely fatigued.  When I say extremely fatigued, I'm saying I imagine it is close to how one would feel if they were walking through a dessert for 2 days on little water.  I had a hard time walking to my bathroom.  I would sleep 10-12 hours and wake up feeling like I needed more sleep.  Taking a shower became nearly impossible.   I felt as though I was going to faint the entire time.   I wondered what was happening to my body, but I was so exhausted that although death crossed my mind, I didn't care.  If this is how one is prepared for death, it works.   I felt ready to die.  This lasted a couple of weeks before my energy SLOWLY started to creep up to half of that of a healthy individual.  Once I had a little bit of energy back, I felt I could somewhat function.  I would force myself to go for short walks outdoors.  I worked myself up to a point where I could run, but nothing about running felt right.  I forced myself to do so thinking that I could run myself back to better health and more energy.  I changed my diet thinking that would help me feel normal again.  Nothing worked. 

This is one of the million symptoms that lyme can cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment