Tuesday, March 26, 2013

3 months into Babesia treatment

When I started treating Babesia, I thought I was seeing a great deal of improvment.  However, I did notice some intrusive thoughts starting around the same time as treatment.  I ignored them thinking they would get better or go away.  Ignoring them clearly isn't the way to go because the thoughts have continued to grow and are becoming very difficult to ignore.

I consider myself to be lyme literate.  I wouldn't say I'm an expert by any means.  I do notice when my symptoms flare, I question every single thing that could be causing these issues similar to what my doctor does.   I'm currently experiencing intrusive thoughts accompanied by anxiety, vision issues and head pressure.  All are pretty typical symptoms, but the fact that they are getting worse as I go through treatment is concerning.  Becasue of that, I have been running down the list of possibililtes.

Herxing?  If it was herxing, it should be letting up by now, not getting worse
Candidia from my recent antibiotics?
Lyme/Coinfections emerging full force again?

Whatever it is, it's miserable and very discouraging.   I stopped taking my drugs about 4 days ago simply because I was convinced it just might be the drugs making everything worse.  I also thought if I am herxing, I need to give my body some time to rid itself of the toxins.  Time for my second trip to the doctor this month.  Hopefully she will have some ideas as to what is going on.  


Update:  April 21st, 2013

My doctor and I still aren't sure what was causing such horrible symptoms, but I detoxed heavily for 3 weeks and the symptoms did back off some.  I'm still concerned that after 3.5 months of treatment, I'm having more bad days than good.  I'm not really seeing much improvement.   Maybe it's time to think about changing my treatment?

No comments:

Post a Comment