Monday, February 18, 2013

Babesia

My fight with Babesia

I started the Byron White A-BAB formula in October - it is now February.  My LLMD wasn't kidding when she told me that it is extremely potent. While we didn't necessarily need an additional confirmation of my diagnosis, we got it anyway simply by my dramatic increase in symptoms.  The most prominent symptoms are noted below.

Headaches
Severe upper neck pain
Brain Fog (which I also describe as not feeling "normal".  The "brain fog" term is just what most doctors use since it is difficult to gauge what "normal" means)
Extreme Fatigue
Wrist pain
Anxiety
Depression

From what I have read, the A-BAB formula kicks your own immune system into high gear to work at fighting off the Babesia infection.   Babesia is treated very differently than other lyme and co-infections.

My herx reaction on A-BAB have been a complete increase in all symptoms.  However, I have also noticed that it doesn't seem to lift as quickly as it did while on antibiotics.  Instead, it seems the symptoms just increase and stay that way.  It could also have something to do with the lumbrokinase.  If you want to read more about this, I recommend the article found on this page.

I just started the lumbrokinase last month and have my monthly visit with my LLMD tomorrow.  I am going to be sure to ask her if the increase in symptoms without relief is normal or if we need to back off a bit as we move forward.

If I've learned anything over the past 8 months, it's that lyme treatment is definitely not a fast treatment.  It's a slow, steady yet aggressive treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment